In all the years my business of teaching wellness has been unfolding, I never envisioned posting a blog about make up! I don’t consider myself a make up expert, not by a long shot. But, like many of you, I do like to wear it – I lean toward a natural look and one I can slap on quickly, especially now as part of my 5 minute mom routine. I also enjoy spending a bit more time on make up for a fun night out or a special occasion.
For me, Young Living was first and foremost about accessing the best quality oils I have found over the many years I’ve been using them. Young Living more recently became the primary avenue to creating a toxin-free home overall by going beyond all my DIY oils uses and fully incorporating their oil-infused products for everything from cleaning to personal care. So, when Young Living announced the launch of Savvy Mineral Make Up, it just made perfect sense to fully embrace the one component of my personal care routine that was not yet Young Living inspired!
Most make up on the market is far from ‘good for us’. Even the posh brands I used to indulge in or the brands that are marketing themselves as pure, natural & safe are actually loaded with junk. I strongly encourage you to check the ingredient lists on the make up you’re using; if you can’t pronounce them, you probably shouldn’t be absorbing them into your skin & thus bloodstream 8-10 hours a day. Plug the ingredients into the EWG.org cosmetic search bar if you’re not sure which ingredients are safe.
Once I committed to only using toxin-free products, I have found some make up ingredient lists that I’ve been content with over the years, but I always felt like I was compromising on the quality – issues like the colors not matching my skin or the make up not lasting long on my face… and then there was the DIY bronzer from cacao powder incident .. Little Camilla got into that mess when I wasn’t looking and let’s just say we all agreed DIY make up wasn’t my Jam…
I’ve been lucky enough to be using the Savvy line since it launched in the US a few months ago and I cannot wait to share it with you all!
Some of what I love most about the Savvy Line:
- Free from: talc, lead, bismuth, mineral oil, parabens, lead, gluten and mercury
- Responsibly & sustainably made from high quality & naturally derived, non-nano minerals, with Absolutely NO child labour (you would be surprised how many make up ingredients are supplied by child labour).
- Cruelty-free & mostly Vegan (lipsticks & gloss have beeswax)
- Savvy Minerals by Young Living uses Arrowroot Powder and Kaolin Clay. Both are calming to the skin, help to absorb excess oil and moisture on the skin and make the skin feel silky smooth. This is important because most mineral makeup uses bismuth, which is a metal mineral that – when worked into the pores – aggravates the pores and causes irritation and breakouts.
- Savvy Minerals doesn’t settle into fine lines and it lasts all day long!
I can’t wait for you to transition your make up to the Savvy line. There are already so many amazing tools and resources as to how to make the most of this make up collection for a beauty care routine that best meets your personal needs!
Learn more about the Savvy Mineral Make Up which is due to launch in the Australian market in just a few more weeks by visiting: https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/savvy-minerals-by-young-living